Sunday 3 February 2013

Human Plight



Amidst the forest deep, I squander and ponder like a sheep,
Huge trees and weeds, I wonder where will humans reach?
  
Relentless seeds of greed, yonder I see,
Envy has seeped, distorted humanity is !

Into the heart it slowly creeps, no one takes a heed,
So I thought I go into the forest deep, spotting the need,
















 Not enough is left to feed, impoverishment reeks,
Ardent philanthropists are fast asleep,

Screaming subsidy peevish hunger pleads,
Satiated have empathy, sympathy we do not need,

I wonder when kindness will reap,
Rich are floating in bliss, roaring souls appeal,

Only the peasantry deceived, will the anguish cease,
When will the humanity speak to take a leap,

Here I remember the deeds,Values our parents peaked, 
Alas! money begets money,The Poor is born to grieve.

9 comments:

  1. 'Ik naa ik shamma andhere mein jalaye rakhiye
    Subah hone ko hai mahaul banaye rakhiye'
    This real anonymous & virtual identity is interacting as Ritesh in name.
    Actually, Geeta....Poetry is the purest manifestation of deep human emotions & herein lie its beauty that derives it roots from literature which taught the mankind about the reality of life.
    What I find in all ur poems including the current one is ,u r seen ardently working to garnish that natural & expected form of beauty to Poetry which it always had.I appreciate ur efforts, dear.
    Poverty & humanity r close friends especially in India.Sometimes, I do feel that our efforts r inversely proportional to our achievements in this case.But actually, it's not.
    Life is not an event, its a process & I believe, sooner or later we will reach that state of prosperity to fulfill atleast everyone's need if not everyone's greed.
    Have a good day, friend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Ritesh, I wrote the reply by mistake in comments below, please read it there.

      Delete
  2. Thanks Ritesh, for appreciating. I always find some new edge whenever you write something. I really wish that a time comes when nobody gets starved, and all the children get a harmonious environment and chance to study and grow. It would be a heaven on Earth only if something is done globally. You also have a great day my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The poem is really good :)

    *Satiated have empathy, sympathy we do not need*
    Nice line!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Akash, you read it from where a person with a deep understanding does it, that's why you are able to see within the lines. Really appreciate and thankful to you......

      Delete
  4. nice post join with our community in G+ https://plus.google.com/communities/114880711022925710409

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank You so much Seb, sure would like to join your community.

    ReplyDelete